- B.S., Physical Education K-12
- M.Ed., Education and School Counseling
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership and Management
In addition to owning Baydog CrossFit, John works full-time as a Professor and Department Coordinator for the Health and Wellness Department at a local community college. Coach Reed has taught and coached students and athletes for over 17 years ranging from elementary to college level. Most recently, Dr. Reed won Teacher of the Year Award for his dedication to teaching innovation for his work with college students and his community commitment to physical training for local fire and police academies. He is a competitive triathlete (Ironman Finisher) and club lacrosse player. He enjoys spending time outdoors with his family and three young children. He and his wife reside in Severna Park.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- CrossFit Kids
- CrossFit Mobility
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR